All rehearsals are on Tuesdays at Grace Lutheran Church in midtown Palo Alto.
Overture Choir — Tu 3:45-5:30pm
(Beginning level), for boys ages 7 and up with limited skills.
Skills covered: matching pitch, steady rhythm, vocal tone building, beginning sight-reading,
repertoire: unison classical and folk music plus rounds.
Concert Choir — Tu 4:00-5:45pm
(Intermediate/Advanced level), for boys ages 8-14 with previous choir experience and/or instrumental
lessons, boys match pitch and are ready for 2-part music of choral standards including classical and
contemporary works, continued sight-reading experience, more advanced tone building.
Ovation Choir — Tu 5:30-7:30pm
(Advanced level), for boys ages 9-14 with previous choir experience and/or instrumental lessons, boys are ready for 3-part music in a variety of styles and languages including classical and contemporary works, continued sight-reading experience, more advanced tone building.
Encore Choir — Tu 5:30-7:30pm
(Advanced level), for boys ages 14-18 with changed voices and previous choir experience.
Tuition for 2021-2022
(August - May)
Silicon Valley Boychoir is a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization (EIN: 45-2913530).
Tuition covers all rehearsals, small group instruction, online classes, music rental, plus costs incurred for accompanists and facility rental. The fee does not cover concert outfits, performance tickets, or additional t-shirts.
Concert and Ovation families will pay a refundable deposit for their concert outfits ($25/$75).
New singers will be billed a one-time materials fee of $150 which is due at the time of acceptance and acts as a non-refundable deposit.
||Full year — 1 payment
Due by Sept 1
|By semester — 2 payments
Due by Sept 1 / Jan 15
- Make checks payable to: Silicon Valley Boychoir (SV Boychoir), or pay online.
- 10% tuition discount for additional sibling.
- It is preferred that tuition be paid at or before the first rehearsal.
- Late fee of $25 may be assessed.
- Tuition assistance: Please submit a SVB need-based Tuition Assistance form to the board with your request stating need and providing evidence of previous assistance. Forms are due August 1 for the fall semester and Jan. 1 for the spring semester.